Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ashcraft Exotic Furniture by Heywood Wakefield

The year was 1954 and if you had picked up a copy of McCall's Magazine, you would have found this advertisement from Heywood Wakefield for their Ashcraft line of furniture. Perfect for anyone who wanted to transform their home into a exotic paradise, mid century style.










Let's start in the Living Room. What a beautiful MCM pattern for the cushions!








Then we move to the bedroom set, subtle, but a nice dresser and mirror set with bedside table.







The Dining Room set has a fantastic china cabinet. Wouldn't your collection of tiki mugs look great in that hutch?







The Enclosed Patio set has another collection of great MCM upholstery for the cushions. Note the side table, it can be used to conveniently store your magazine or hi-fi record collection.






And finally, we have the Playroom Set, including the bar. Just move the complete set into your basement rumpus room and you can be the instant hit of the neighborhood.



7 comments:

  1. It's as if you blog specifically for me. Thank you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the whole set. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two wonderful end tables (non matching) & I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have almost this entire set and thought about selling it. Can you suggest a good place to do that? Ebay? Auction house? I'd appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mid century cast metal tiki light (eyes and nose light up) from the 50's or 60's. It stands about 24" tall and states Heywood Wakefield on the inside. Do you have a clue where I could sell it or what it is worth? Thanks, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a vintage 6 piece set for sale. Cushions need recovering.

    ReplyDelete