Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tiki Architecture Blog is 1 year old

We all know that time speeds up as we get older, seems like just yesterday I started this blog with my posts about the Waikikian Hotel. Well, it has been one year since I started posting information from my research and archives and I thought I'd share with you readers some of the behind the scenes statistics for this blog.

How many readers have visited?
You may have likely noticed the site counter on the right toolbar. At the one year mark, it has registered 10,614 visitors. Is that a respectable number for a niche blog like this, I don't know? I just like to have an idea how many folks out there are reading my jibberish.

How do readers get here?
The stat counter has a really great function in that is tracks how every person ended up at Tiki Architecture. Here is a list of some very common search terms on how readers found this blog:
-Polynesia House Design
-Heywood Wakefield Furniture Tiki
-Tropical Architecture Sketch
-Tiki Apartments Southern California
-Disneyland Tiki
-Roof Design Hawaii
-Tiki Architecture Waikiki
-Polynesian Mid Century Design
-Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Resort
-How Much Tiki Culture does Spongebob Borrow From


Readers have also ended up on the site using some crazy search terms, like:

-Enchanted Beings?
-Damsel in a Tower?
-Asphalt 50 Year Roof San Diego?


But far and away most visitors end up here as a result from a Google Image search.

Who is reading this blog?

As of last night when I was writting this post, here is a Recent Visitor Map of the readers who stopped by on Sunday.







and Finally...


The Top 5 most popular posts over the last year (based on page views)

#5. Remembering the Kahiki


#4. Bali Hai Restaurant - New Orleans, LA


#3. Backyard Polynesia - Part 1


#2. Tiki Homes - Clairemont, CA


#1. Disneyland's Hidden Tiki Bar


Hope you all have enjoyed reading the blog! I'd be interested to hear your comments.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a Year! Some great information and some nicely written details. Thanks for the history of Tiki architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a year! I really enjoy your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site and i hope you continue to gather more readers! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and wish you and it continued success.

    ReplyDelete